Aims of award
- To promote and foster pride in, and recognition of, outstanding achievements which advance our goals and values
- To develop an appreciation of the diversity and depth of personal and community achievement within women in aquaculture/seafood
- To promote and recognise individual aquaculture/seafood women for the time and dedication they have demonstrated for members of the community
- To provide positive role models for women in aquaculture/seafood.
Nominees must be:
- Women engaged in aquaculture/seafood who have made a noteworthy contribution to the aquaculture/seafood local or global community
- Women who have provided a positive role model for women in aquaculture/seafood
- Women who have advanced the goals and values of Aquaculture without Frontiers (Refer Strategic Plan)
- Nominated on the official form and supported by two others.
How to nominate someone for the Woman of the Month Aquaculture/Seafood Award
Complete the Woman of the Month Nomination Form.
When you nominate someone, it is a good idea to have a head and shoulders photograph of the nominee available for the website. You will be contacted and asked to forward the photo if your nominee wins.
The cut-off for each month’s nominations will be the 20th of the previous month, eg 20 December is the final date for the January award.
How it will work
In general there will be one monthly award winner, although the Committee reserves the right to promote more than one nominee where quality of application is deemed appropriate.
The Women’s Network Committee with decide the monthly winner/s.
The decision of the Women’s Network Committee in relation to the award is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of that decision.
Woman of the Month Award Winners