Novus internship available for 2014 – apply now!
Category : Updates
NOVUS International is offering the chance for an aquaculture student to take part in the Novus World Aquaculture Society (WAS) Internship programme in Vietnam.
The four-week internship will be scheduled from June to August, 2014. The intern will work with The Novus Aquaculture Research team on a current project being carried out at the Novus Aqua Research Center in Vietnam – the third largest aquaculture-producing country in the world.
To be considered for the internship candidates must:
- Choose a model disease and suggest an experiment aimed at testing a novel possible preventive or treatment solution.
- Provide background literature review on the pathogen, pathogenesis, epidemiology and/or host pathogen interactions etc. as appropriate to support experimental designs and hypotheses.
Proposals should be limited to two to three typewritten pages plus references. A one-page CV of the candidate should be attached to the proposal. Applicants must be enrolled in a University MSc or PhD program at the time of application.
The selection of the Novus intern will be announced at Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2013 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. A digital photograph of the intern will be needed for the announcement.
The award will include:
- Travel to and from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Lodging in a university student dormitory in Vietnam during the internship
- $1,000 to help with living expenses in Vietnam
Proposals must be submitted by email to Lorraine Magney – Lorraine.email@example.com – before October 30, 2013.