WAS-APC Travel Award for Women’s Participation at APA17 Kuala Lumpur
Category : Updates
WAS-APC is providing the opportunity for female aquaculture people to attend Asia Pacific Aquaculture 2017 from 24-27 July 2017. Funding for this opportunity is provided by WAS-APC, and Aquaculture without Frontiers is facilitating the selection process.
There are two (2) grants available x USD600 which are aimed to assist with accommodation and travel and WAS-APC will organise and pay registration for the event.
Applicants need to complete the application form and will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of Women in the Aquaculture industry (20pts)
- Capacity to contribute to the future development of the Aquaculture industry (30 points)
- Potential benefits to the individual and the sector that they work in (30 points)
- Demonstrated skills that will enable you to be an effective member of the WAS-APC information booth. (20 points)
Applications close on 4 April 2017.
Before you complete this application form, please ensure you have read all Conditions and Responsibilities (see below) relating to these Scholarships.
Any enquiries should be referred to Dr Guillaume Drillet (Chair of the Award Committee) – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Bibha Kumari – email: email@example.com.
Dr Endhay Kusnendar Kontara, President WAS-APC
CONDITIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Past recipients of this particular grant are not eligible to apply.
- Be current members of WAS-APC Chapter of the World Aquaculture Society. Non-current members will not be eligible to apply. To obtain membership you can go to https://www.was.org/Meetings/MemberData/SelectMemberType.aspx.
- Complete this official application form and will be assessed against the above selection criteria.
- Be willing to serve and assist at the WAS-APC Booth (as rostered). As a key member of the WAS-APC information booth, the successful candidates will help to coordinate and record enquiries for the Chapter. To be effective in this role you will need to:
- have reasonable computer literacy and typing skills
- take instructions from the leader of the booth and be able to work independently.
- Submit an abstract for presentation in the Women in Aquaculture session at APA17.
- Prepare a report based on your experiences within 30 days of the end of APA17, including photographs, outlining issues that need to be considered by any aquaculture female prior to, during and after the Event to maximise the benefits of participation.
- Cover your own travel insurance and ensure you meet Malaysia’s visa/entry requirements.
- If successful, liaise with the WAS-APC Secretariat regarding transfer of funds.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.