Experienced aquaculture project supervisor wanted in Mozambique
Category : Updates
The Manda Wilderness Community Trust (MWCT) is seeking an experienced aquaculture project supervisor to work in the Lago District, Niassa Province, Mozambique.
Description of Role:
- Manage and organize the work schedules and progress of an 18 member community association
- Design and adjust short-term and long-term plans on a grassroots and rural aquaculture project
- Take frequent camping trips to the picturesque village of Litanda
- Learn and improve Portuguese and Nyanja language skills
- Help bring improved nutrition, capacitation and leadership skills to the community association, Litanda village and surrounding communities
- Applicants should have a background in aquaculture or other related field
- Experience in agriculture would be a plus
- Willingness to work in an rural environment with limited supervision
- Tentative project plan for the volunteer’s time here should be thought out before arrival
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or Nyanja or Chichewa would be a plus
- Previous experience working in developing nations
- Flexibility and creativity in adapting to a new culture and environment
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in project planning
- Ability to plan effectively and self-manage
- Motivated to learn and take initiative in planning and envisioning programs
Click here to see PDF with more information about this opportunity.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and CV/resume to Lily Bunker at email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.mandawilderness.org.